This is the first tape in the Skate Like A Pro video series conceived and developed by Mitch Moyer and Dan Hollander. Mitch is a World Team Coach and Staff Instructor at the Olympic Training Center for the USFSA and at the Detroit Skating Club. Dan is a 2-time U.S. Bronze Medalist who is known for his high energy, action packed style. Flipping Over Skating is designed to give the beginning skater a solid understanding of the basic skills and maneuvers that are used in figure skating.
In eight (8) unique segments, Flipping Over Skating provides the beginning skater with instruction on:
1. Getting Comfortable with your Skates - Balance, Dips, Falling & Getting Up.
2. Forward Motion -
a. Moving Across the Ice - Scooter push, full swizzle, half swizzle, half swizzle on circle, one-foot glide.
b. Pushing - T-Push, T-Push with one-foot glide, forward stroking.
c. Forward Stopping - Snow Plow Stop, T-Stop, one-foot Snow Plow.
3. Backward Motion - 2-foot glide, back wiggle, full swizzle, 2-foot to 1-foot glide, half swizzle, half swizzle on circle, back toe stop.
4. Turns - 2 Foot/front to back, 2 foot/back to front, Spread Eagle turn.
5. Edges - Forward zigzag, hockey glide, hockey glide to 1 foot glide, sSpiral forward.
6. Jumps - Tap Toe jump, Bunny Hop, 2 foot up & down jump, 2 foot jump while gliding.
7. Spins - Preliminary Spin, Pivot, Pivot into 2-foot spin.
8. Q&A Session - includes locating skating organizations and basic skills programs, equipment, clothing, and general advice.
Flipping Over Skating is by-far, the best, most accurate, and usable "learn to skate" video ever produced for the beginning skater. Every beginning skater should have this tape in their video library!