Figure Skating Videos
Spectator's Guide to Figure Skating - DVD
"No Skating fan should be without this tape!"
Do you watch Figure Skating on television, but can't tell a flip from a lutz? Do you wonder what the judges are really looking for? Do you undersatnd how the scoring system works? Well, help is on the way with this new and exciting videotape guide from former Olympian and Swedish Champion Ann-Margreth Frei!
Once again Ann-Margreth, the creator of the Magic of Style Video series, has used her knowledge of figure skating to produce a unique, one-of-a-kind Spectators Guide to Figure Skating. With slow motion and step-by-step demonstrations by world class skaters, the Spectator's Guide to Figure Skating show the viewer how to easily recognize jumps, spins, footwork, pair lifts, ice dancing, and the many fine points that make the difference between winning or losing the coveted gold medal.
After viewing this tape, you will be able to:
- Easily identify jumps such as the lutz, flip, loop and axel.
- Tell the difference between a double, triple and quad jump.
- Recognize various spins.
- Tell the difference between the assorted pair lifts.
- Identify various pair spins.
- Describe the difference between Pairs and Dance.
- Understand the different aspects of Ice Dancing, including Compulsory Dance, Original Dance and Free Dance.
You will also learn about the judging system and:
- What the judges are looking for.
- How the scoring system works.
- What ordinals are and how they determine placement.
- The appropriate deductions for improper or incomplete execution of various elements.
Championship level National competitors Damon Allen and Jessica Mills demonstrate single, double and triple jumps and all of the single skater's elements. Brian Wells & Shelby Lyons show the pair moves from A to Z. Peter Breen & Kate Robinson demonstrate in the very elegant ice dancing segment.